Re: Any open-source iOS / Android client applications?

From: Roland Giesler
Subject: Re: Any open-source iOS / Android client applications?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 10:43:19 +0200

You could set up a jabber server in m/monit to send push notifications to your phone?  It's not difficult and there are examples in the m/monit manual.  It's not a good idea to have an app that polls services on a mobile, since it will drain the battery in no time.

Jabber services are available from many providers.  You could even receive message in Telegram with customer notification sounds based on what the message is.

Roland

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 at 23:52, Ciprian Craciun <ciprian.craciun@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 2:11 PM Roland Giesler <roland@greentree.systems> wrote:
> Is there a reason why you don't use m/monit?  It's a once-off license fee, you get the full source-code and it's pretty comprehensive.  Also, you'd be supporting the project by using it.

Well, for starters M/Monit (from a deployment and usage point of view)
is just another server I have to deploy, that will be accessed through
a HTTP-based UI or API, thus it doesn't solve my initial problem of
having a native Android client (with native notifications and alerts).
With either Monit or M/Monit I'll still have to keep the browser tab
open, reload manually and look at it.

Other than that, the price is OK for a small business, however I want
to use it with a few personal servers, and for my use-case I don't
need the extra features M/Monit brings.

Ciprian.