Re: failed to get process data

From: Luca Cazzaniga
Subject: Re: failed to get process data
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 13:38:30 +0100

Hi Lutz, the pid was saved in a bin directory on a xfs fs, the pidfile
was removed by the script of the application server, or at least I
suppose so, in that occasion there's been a service stop via monit and
the daemon log reported the service was successfully terminated.
After that there's been an upgrade of the os, a restart of the server
and at the boot monit should have started the daemon again but it
looped with the error "sistd failed to get process data" for one
application server. Anyway it did its work for other services
configured with pidfile without problem.
Really strange..
Not sure how procfs is updated/flushed, it's an interface to the
kernel structures for process statistics written on a cache.. i wonder
if it could be deleted or unavailable for some reason..