Re: Mail settings in monitrc

From: SZÉPE Viktor
Subject: Re: Mail settings in monitrc
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:56:27 +0200

In the documentation things in [brackets] are optional.
So it would be: SET MAILSERVER mail.example.com USERNAME me
but there is no such a thing as username-only authentication for SMTP.
So
SET MAILSERVER mail.example.com
or
SET MAILSERVER mail.example.com USERNAME me PASSWORD ""

Idézem/Quoting Uma Shanmuganathan <s.uma@vunetsystems.com>:

Thank you. But in this case there is no password and no certificate.
Should I remove and leave as blank or configure [password ""]

Regards
Uma S