Re: non-existing program test

From: M/Monit Support
Subject: Re: non-existing program test
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:14:38 +0100

Hi Gerrit, this problem was resolved in Monit 5.27.1: https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues/932/assertexception-raised-in-command_new

Best regards,
The M/Monit team

On 25 Mar 2021, at 12:33, Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:10:21 +0200
Roland Giesler <roland@greentree.systems> wrote:

True, but if monit doesn't start if the file is not there, then
testing for the presence of the file and then attempting to execute
it if it exists seems to be the only way to proceed, not?

Yes, but my question was: Why does monit refuse to start here? I'd
expect it to start and just fail this single test. For testing mode,
maybe emit a warning that the program cannot be found (and the test
will thus fail). But refusing to start the daemon in the first place
because just one check cannot be executed is somewhat overreacting from
my point of view.

cu
 Gerrit