Re: MONITRC run time updation causing MONIT to freeze.

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: MONITRC run time updation causing MONIT to freeze.
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 23:00:06 +0100

Hello Jan-Henrik,
the "Initializing" state persist for one monitor cycle only, with Monit
5.26.0 or Monit 5.27.0.

> The problem might be related to a monit reload race condition [1] which was
> fixed in Monit 5.27.1.
>
> 1. https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues/928

I do similar things but use a monitor cycle of 60 secound. A cycle of 5
secounds is very small.

>> 1. MONIT setup in daemon mode with 5 sec polling timeout . It  has a set of
>> static services defined in the default MONITRC file.

After a configuration update with "monit reload" I see the
"Initializing" state for some Process checks and "Waiting" for Program
and Remote host checks. Especially for checks are using "every 5 cycles"
to reduce the number of monitor cycles for some checks.

Next week I'll switch to Monit 5.27.1 and do some tests.

With regards,
Lutz