Problem using monit with curl

From: Norbert Preining
Subject: Problem using monit with curl
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 23:42:43 +0900

Hi all,

I am trying to control a few operations (read write) via curl.
Unfortunately, the simple approach
        curl -u user:pass -s 'http://localhost:NNNN/myservice' --data
'action=restart'
(monit http is running on port NNNN) finished with
        Invalid CSRF Token

A bit of search brought me to
        https://mmonit.com/documentation/http-api/Examples/cURL
which seems exactely what I want to do, alas, the very first invocation
given
        curl -c ~/.mmonit/cookie http://localhost:NNNN/index.csp
or
        curl -c ~/.mmonit/cookie http://127.0.0.1:NNNN/index.csp
ended with
        There is no service named "index.csp"
Even adding the -u user:pass didn't help at all.

Could someone please explain how to set up read/write access to monit
via curl? It seems that the wiki page/documentation is incorrect.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev