Auto Monitor New Users Or Directories

From: Lorne Wanamaker
Subject: Auto Monitor New Users Or Directories
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 08:04:22 -0500

Hi,

I have a server where new directories are created automatically in /var/www /htmleach of these contains a site and is attached to a new system user also created at the same time.

I do not have a way to limit these directories for disk use, so would like to be able to monitor them for size and alert if they go over lets say 1GB. Thing is I cannot be creating a new rule in monit for every new user or directory.

I can't find anything on how I might accomplish this. Has anybody done anything similar with monit and mind sharing an example?