Re: Only one alert

From: Paul van der Vlis
Subject: Re: Only one alert
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 22:55:34 +0200

Hello Lutz, and others,

Op 30-08-19 om 22:01 schreef Lutz Mader:
> Hello,
> the answer is no, I think.
>
>> I want to monitor several sites on the same host, both http and https,
>> but I want to get only one alert when there is a problem. Is that possible?
>
> But you can use a dummy service with multiple failed host tests.
>
> check process Server matching "sleep"
>   start program "/bin/ksh -c 'sleep 31536000 &'" with timeout 120 seconds
> #  stop program "" with timeout 120 seconds
>   if failed host mmonit.com port 80 then alert
>   if failed host google.com port 80 then alert
> :
>   if failed host yahoo.com port 80 then alert

I must say I do not understand what you are doing here.

In your example you are using sites on different hosts. I want to
monitor more sites (virtual hosts) on the same host. But when e.g.
Apache is down, I don't want to get many alerts.

> This will reduce the number of alerts, but you get an alert if one of
> the hosts is not reachable. But I prefere the remote host check for all
> hosts and use an additional tool to handle the notification requests.

I am also executing a script.

Can you tell more about what you do to avoid getting many alerts?

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/