Re: Why are the services not started automatically on reboot?

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Why are the services not started automatically on reboot?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 08:39:21 +0200

Hello Markus,

>> You are using RHEL I think?
> Yes
No, we/I use AIX (7.2), SLES (11.4, 12.3 and 12.4) and MacOS (10.6,
10.10). We/I use Monit 5.25.2, 5.26.0 and 5.19.0 (for the old MacOS 10.6
systems only).

>> Are you using Systemd to start your applications or handle Monit the
>> application startup only?
> Monit
One monitor do the job only, nice to know.

>> Any dependency defined for the services?
> Yes
Take in mind, services are dependend to other services are starting only
if the parent services are in status "OK". Sometimes you find some
information in the log, a services can not start, because a parent
service is not "OK".

> If changed 2 service checks from PROGRAM to PROCESS and now the debug
> output in monit.log looks much more understandable.
I use "process" to handle several services, but I use "program" for some
specific applications as well, I will check my logs, but I thing I have
no problems with dependencies and process services.

I'll be back,
Lutz