Start delay removed, see issue #829

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Start delay removed, see issue #829
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 10:53:25 +0200

Hello,
based on issue #829 (https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issue/829/):
Start delay is now in effect just on first Monit start after machine reboot.

Nice to know, how monit check the reboot?

Monit daemon with pid [67] stopped
'Mac' Monit 5.26.0 stopped
Starting Monit 5.26.0 daemon with http interface at [macbookpro.local]:2812
Monit will delay for 240s on first start after reboot ...

It seems to me ist does not work well,
after a reboot the startup was delayed and some times later I restart
monit and the monit start was delayed again.

But several times later, the restart was not delayed.

Monit daemon with pid [628] stopped
'Mac' Monit 5.26.0 stopped
Starting Monit 5.26.0 daemon with http interface at [macbookpro.local]:2812
'Mac' Monit 5.26.0 started

How monit detect a start after a reboot?
>From my point of view the "kern.boottime" (MacOS) is used, but I can not
find the used reboot test.

With regards,
Lutz

p.s.
See the post "Monit start delay only on boot" from 01 Jun 2019.

> Back to your suggestion,
> an additional monit start option to give the deplay is more fexible
> than an additional "monitrc" statement to do this, I think.

Sometimes it is useful to delay the monit start all the time, but you
are right, a longer/additional startup delay is useful.