Re: Issue with TCP test for HTTPS

From: David Jones
Subject: Re: Issue with TCP test for HTTPS
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 18:38:30 +0000

We need more information to help.  Can you check the same thing using curl or an NRPE plugin like check_http?  There could be many things going on there like SNI, TLS verification, no CA file, Apache virtual hosts, IP bindings, etc.  If you have a browser on that server, try hitting the same URL.  If you don't then try elinks or a text-based browser and see what it says when hitting that URL.  Certs aren't going to match https://localhost so VERIFY DISABLE must be set.

https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#SSL-OPTIONS