RE: Port 25 check cause of "Unable to open a socket to Sendmail" error?

From: Jamie Burchell
Subject: RE: Port 25 check cause of "Unable to open a socket to Sendmail" error?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 11:09:21 +0100

Looks like I've erroneously attributed Monit for the error. According to the
logs:

Apr 10 18:40:36 feedback postfix/sendmail[29539]: fatal: address@hidden(997): No
recipient addresses found in message header
Apr 10 18:40:36 feedback postfix/postdrop[29540]: warning: stdin: unexpected
EOF in data, record type 78 length 40
Apr 10 18:40:36 feedback postfix/postdrop[29540]: fatal: uid=997: malformed
input

Indeed looking in to the application responsible, a missing recipient was
the cause.

For completeness, though, master.cf has:

# service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

So I believe 100 connections are accepted by default.

Kind regards,

Jamie