RE: loadavg figures - percentages or not?

From: Jamie Burchell
Subject: RE: loadavg figures - percentages or not?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 15:29:20 +0100

Hi

Thanks for your time and help. I’ve made some changes to my configuration (which we are able to provision with Ansible) and am experimenting with the results:

if loadavg (1min) > {{ ansible_processor_count * 2 }} for 4 cycles then alert

if loadavg (5min) > {{ ansible_processor_count * 1.5 }} for 4 cycles then alert

if loadavg (15min) > {{ ansible_processor_count }} for 4 cycles then alert

(processor_count seems to be what we need here as we are using vCPUs)

Kind regards,

Jamie