RE: "check now" command

From: Roose, Marco
Subject: RE: "check now" command
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:09:05 +0000

I very much like that idea!

Kind regards,
Marco Roose

-----Original Message-----
From: monit-general <address@hidden> On Behalf Of SZÉPE Viktor
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 10:29 PM
To: monit-general <address@hidden>
Subject: "check now" command

Hello!

I am a happy monit user.

Sometime I face a situation when a check has a temporary problem.

  # Number of resolvers
  check program network_resolv
     with path "/usr/local/sbin/server-integrity.sh -c RES -r 3" every
33 cycles
    group integrity
    if status != 0 then alert

So if it goes to "failed" status it would be nice to have a dedicated "check
now" command that would evaluate the status of the check again.
Work-arounds may exist but I am looking for a straight-forwards solution.
(currently I issue monit reload for that with is not optimal)

Thanks!

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  address@hidden  skype: szepe.viktor Budapest,
III. kerület