Remote mongodb host

From: Sar Haidar
Subject: Remote mongodb host
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 21:09:33 +0000

I’m trying to use monit to verify the connection between a host running monit
and another host running mongodb. I was successfully able to write a rule to do
that for mysql, however, when I try it for mongodb, it fails and I’m not sure
what the correct syntax should be. This is what I have so far:

check host mongodb-host with address mongodb-server.example.com
if failed port 27017 protocol mongodb username “monit" password “test" then
exec "/bin/sh -c /usr/local/bin/slack.sh”

When I run monit -t I get a syntax error ‘username’

I tried a few different ways and nothing seemed to work. Only way I was able to
make it work was by not using a username and password, but that only works in a
test case and not anywhere else.