Additional options for the start/stop/restart service methode

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Additional options for the start/stop/restart service methode
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 11:46:32 +0100

Hello Martin,
Hello Tildeslash,
any plan to make additional service methods or additional option available.

Today service methods like start, stop and restart are available.
To switch or start an application into a maintainance mode my scripts
use additional parameters or option. The monit command support start
with a given resource without any additional options only.

Any plan to allow something like this.
monit start resource parms
With
start program = "/path/program start $0"

To do something like this.
/path/program start parms

A suggestion only,
Lutz

p.s.
I export a variable to give up additional options to the scripts but
this is not very easy to handle.