Monit for System startup, start to much processes

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Monit for System startup, start to much processes
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 10:40:21 +0100

Hello all folks,
a question how to handle a startup the best way.

At the time I try to start all used applications via monit. But monit
try to start to much processes at the same time. This is not a problem
but I got some memory problems and the system crash again.

All the time I start the applications step by step (manually, by hand)
everything works well, but I don't know how to do this with monit.
Unfortunately there is no dependency between the most applications and
it is not necessary to wait for other applications.

In a short form,
how to limit the number of concurrent start (or stop) commands handled
by monit at the same time.

Thanks for any suggestion,
Lutz

p.s.
I know, a larger/more powerful system is useful, but the system fit in
general and I have problems at the startup only.