Process resource used socket test

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Process resource used socket test
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 11:44:58 +0100

Hello,
we/I got some problems based on the number of the used sockets/ports for
some processes.
Any experiences how to monitor the number of used ports for a process, I
try to use netstat and/or lsof to do this, but my calculated values
doesn't fit well (sometimes).

Thanks for any suggestion,
Lutz

p.s.
Any plan to make a more detailed network monitoring available in monit?