Re: monit stops shutdown

From: SZÉPE Viktor
Subject: Re: monit stops shutdown
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 17:21:06 +0200

Idézem/Quoting Nick Upson <address@hidden>:

Hi

I have several virtual centos 6.8 x64 VM's with monit-5.14-1.el6.x86_64
installed. I am finding that I can tell a VM to shutdown (either from the
hypervisor or commandline), the standard message is sent and then it
doesn't shutdown. I've waited hours and no shutdown, If I stop monit
however at that point the shutdown proceeds normally.

Has anyone seen this? would a more up-to-date version fix it?

(Oh and its not consistent, sometimes the system does shutdown)

I have similar situation in Debian 8 with SysVinit. Although I only reboot servers by hand.

Had to include service monit stop in the reboot script. (it does a load of other checks)
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/tools/reboot#L49

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--