monit stops shutdown

From: Nick Upson
Subject: monit stops shutdown
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 16:16:37 +0100

Hi

I have several virtual centos 6.8 x64 VM's with monit-5.14-1.el6.x86_64 installed. I am finding that I can tell a VM to shutdown (either from the hypervisor or commandline), the standard message is sent and then it doesn't shutdown. I've waited hours and no shutdown, If I stop monit however at that point the shutdown proceeds normally.

Has anyone seen this? would a more up-to-date version fix it?

(Oh and its not consistent, sometimes the system does shutdown)