Re: monit alert -- Status failed network_resolv

From: Shakil Shaikh
Subject: Re: monit alert -- Status failed network_resolv
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:02:40 +0000

Hi Martin,

Like the OP I am getting an email as well as the script action (which I now understand is as designed).

Is it possible to set up email as a backup/monit error alert?

Usage: I want to suppress emails in lieu of scripts, but if monit fails in executing (script path is not available etc) then an email should be sent with this error.

Or would this require a separate "file" check?

Thank you,

Shak