Re: monit alert -- Status failed network_resolv

From: Juergen Nickelsen
Subject: Re: monit alert -- Status failed network_resolv
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 06:49:16 +0200

On 2017-10-17, at 23:13, SZÉPE Viktor <address@hidden> wrote:

> I may seem a rookie but why am I getting an email on the execution of a Slack
> script?
>
> check program network_resolv
>    with path "/usr/local/sbin/server-integrity.sh -c RES -r '3'" every 33
> cycles
>   group integrity
>   if status != 0 then alert
>   if status != 0 then exec "/usr/local/sbin/monit-slack.sh
> 'https://hooks.slack.com/services...'"

Being relatively new to monit, too, I'd say because there are two "if status !=
0 then" clauses: (a) alert (meaning the email message), and (b) exec the slack
script.

So, I'd remove the first one, "if status != 0 then alert", to try to get rid of
the email message, if that is what you want.

Regards, Juergen.