Re: Help with different kind of check

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Help with different kind of check
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 21:38:19 +0200

Hello Dimitri,
maybe I'm wrong, but the configuration loaded by monit is static only.
I use a script to generate some parts of the config dependent to some
relationships and do a reload to load the modifications.

> check file messages with path
> /data1/myprogram/log/myprogram-server.log.processed-($date +"%Y-%m-%d")
>     if match "FATAL" then exec "/data1/myprogram/myprogram-mta/sm-server
> server restart"
>
> The problem is in how to do the date part.  I've tried every combination of
> parens, quotes, back ticks, etc., but Monit won't start because it doesn't
> like the date part.  Can anyone help with this?

You can use a script to creat a modified config and load the config one
time a day (I use include files to split the whole config into small parts).

This is a suggestion only,
but Martin Pala should know the way,
Lutz