Syntax error

From: Bryan Harris
Subject: Syntax error
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 07:40:27 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm doing some testing with latest version of Monit built on Slackware 14.2 and noticed a funny syntax error.  When I use the filesystem check, the GID gives me the below error.  The group disk does exist on my system and the filesystem device is that group.  If I comment it out everything works.  Caps or no caps does not make any difference.

  check filesystem rootfs with path /dev/0/0
    if failed permission 660 then unmonitor
    if failed uid root then unmonitor
    # if failed gid disk then unmonitor
    IF FAILED GID disk THEN unmonitor
    if space usage > 80% for 5 times within 15 cycles then alert
    if space usage > 99% then stop
    if inode usage > 30000 then alert
    if inode usage > 99% then stop
    if read rate > 1 MB/s for 5 cycles then alert
    if read rate > 500 operations/s for 5 cycles then alert
    if write rate > 1 MB/s for 5 cycles then alert
    if write rate > 500 operations/s for 5 cycles then alert
    if service time > 10 milliseconds for 3 times within 5 cycles then alert
    group server

address@hidden:/root]
$ monit -t
/etc/monitrc:236: syntax error 'disk'