Re: Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 is not back with Monit 5.22.0

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 is not back with Monit 5.22.0
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 22:50:31 +0200

Hello Lutz,

we though about the OSX 10.5.x support ... that platform is 10 years old
(released in 2007) and EOL by Apple in ca. 2011. Backporting monit to EOL
platform is not effective use of our resources + because of API differences, it
would bloat the code with lots of conditional blocks.

Based on today's investigation, the only changes needed for monit to compile is
the MNT_CPROTECT condition + you'll need to replace the
CFPropertyListCreateWithStream() call in src/process/ProcessTree.c which is
available since OSX 10.6.x with the deprecated CFPropertyListCreateFromStream()
call that was available on 10.5.x and earlier (both functions have same
arguments, so just changing "With" -> "From" in the function name should work).

We're sorry we cannot provide more help with OSX 10.5.x support, we recommend
using Monit 5.19.0 on it.

Best regards,
Martin