Re: Connection testing failed all the time

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Connection testing failed all the time
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:48:00 +0100

Hi,

if you don't set the address in the port test, monit will try to connect to
"localhost". It is possible that these ports are bound only on specific address
and thus monit cannot connect via 127.0.0.1:54320.

You can use for example "lsof -nPi tcp | grep 5432 | grep LISTEN" to verify the
address. You can then add it to the test using the "host" option, for example:

        if failed host 10.2.3.4 port 54320 the alert

Best regards,
Martin