Organize by group?

From: David Reagan
Subject: Organize by group?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:14:35 -0800

Is there a way to organize the web interface by group? Or something else that obtains the same effect.

If I have host1 with domain1 and domain2 living in apache vhosts on it, I'd like to group all of them together. But, as far as I can tell, I have to set up a separate "check host" per domain.

For example:

check host ws-prod-filehost-01_ping with address ws-prod-filehost-01.lanecc.edu if failed icmp type echo count 5 with timeout 30 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles then alert
    not every "* 1-2 * * *"
    check host filehost_http with address filehost.lanecc.edu
      if failed
        port 80
        protocol http
        status = 301
        with timeout 30 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles
      then alert
    not every "* 1-2 * * *"
    check host filehost_https with address filehost.lanecc.edu
      if failed
        port 443
        protocol https
        with content = "ownCloud"
        and timeout 30 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles
      then alert
    not every "* 1-2 * * *"
    check host media_http with address media.lanecc.edu
      if failed
        port 80
        protocol http
        with request /users/reagand/
        with content = "media server"
        and timeout 30 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles
      then alert
    not every "* 1-2 * * *"
    check host media_https with address media.lanecc.edu
      if failed
        port 443
        protocol https
        with request /users/reagand/
        with content = "media server"
        and timeout 30 seconds for 3 times within 5 cycles
      then alert
    not every "* 1-2 * * *"

results in 5 lines on the monit webui.

(I do know that filehost_http and filehost_https could be combined, as could media_http and media_https. I have them separate so that it's easier for others to tell me if something is down.)

I'd rather have one line, something like:

FILEHOST [ws-prod-filehost-01(icmp)][filehost(http|https]][media(http|https)]

Or:

FILEHOST   [5 probes, 2 failed, 1 unmonitored, 2 succeeded]

When you click on FILEHOST, it would take you to a page with a summary at the top, and then the details of each probe just like you have when you click on a host now.

Or something like that.

Any suggestions?

--

David Reagan