Re: Periodic Heartbeat EMails

From: Geoff Goas
Subject: Re: Periodic Heartbeat EMails
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:29:30 -0500

Is the "heartbeat" just a periodic email? Why not put that in a cron job?

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Tino Hendricks <address@hidden> wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the benefit of having mails sent to you regardless of the system state?
I always consider it the biggest advantage of a monitoring that it _alerts_ you actively in case of emergency.

--
Geoff Goas
Systems Engineer