Re: A confusing question about Monit

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: A confusing question about Monit
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:52:34 +0100

Hello zhangxudong,
yes, this is the way how monit work.
Service B is up an running before monitor is up, you can't get an alert
therefore.

> Hi, I have a question about Monit. Here is this scenario: Monit is running on
> server A and monitoring a service B. At one time, service B went down and
> Monit sent alert. Then, server A went down so Monit process stopped. Then,
> service B went up. In the end, server A went up. When starting Monit, Monit
> checked the status of service B and found it up so it simply did not do
> anything. But in fact, service B was from down status to up status, so Monit
> should send alert. Could you please kindly teach me how to solve this? Thanks.

In general, I use monit to start all the applications.
In a short form, I start/handle the processes monitored by monit via monit.

I run monit on server A, all the time server A is going down the
processes are stopped. After server A is back again monit start the
processes handled by monit (after monit is up "monit start all" start
all processes).

This is my way, Martin Pala can give you a more detailed answer.

Regards,
Lutz