Matching multiple docker instances

From: Francesco Albanese
Subject: Matching multiple docker instances
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:20:06 +0200

Hello,

recently I put into production a docker image running in multiple containers.
As the executed command stays the same, doing a process regex matching
 is useless.
Also, docker does not write PID files out (only ID files).

My partial workaround is to call "docker top ID" with "check program",
but I can only get a binary check:
 dead / alive container. Indeed, without a PID file I cannot exert any
check on the used resources.

Am I hitting a technical limitation of Monit ? Am I missing something ?

Do you - core developers - envision the possibility to read a PID from
a program (e.g. docker inspect) instead of using procfs ?

Cheers