Re: Checking on a url does not work (from newbie)

From: Moshe Cohen
Subject: Re: Checking on a url does not work (from newbie)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 15:52:59 +0300

I did actually, and it fails too, reporting a 404.
Both methods reach the same problem.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Tino Hendricks <address@hidden> wrote:
Did you try

If failed url https://arogacentertest.norbltd2.com/checkalive...

?

Tino

Am 17.09.2016 um 22:20 schrieb Moshe Cohen <address@hidden>:

I have the following url, that when called with https, return 200 as shown here:

> curl -i https://arogacentertest.norbltd2.com:443/checkalive
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:09:39 GMT

The following Monit test fails :

# Check ArogaCenter is alive
  check host ArogaCenter with address arogacentertest.norbltd2.com
    if failed
    port 443 protocol https
    request /checkalive
    status = 200
    then alert

The log message is:

[UTC Sep 17 20:14:05] error    : 'ArogaCenter' failed protocol test [HTTP] at [arogacentertest.norbltd2.com]:443/checkalive [TCP/IP SSL] -- HTTP error: Server returned status 404

Since the response is a 404, it seems the server is reached but for some reason it is looking for another path that does not exist.