Re: monitoring the number of processes

From: Szépe Viktor
Subject: Re: monitoring the number of processes
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:59:07 +0200

Oh no. The action is missing after "then"

--
+36204242498
Ezen a készüléken sok az elütés.

On August 12, 2016 6:59:56 PM CEST, "Stephen Berg (Contractor)" <address@hidden> wrote:
I wrote up a script (/usr/local/sbin/processname) that generates a "0"
return code if there is one process running, otherwise it returns "1".
So if the daemon is not running or has more than 1 process I should get
a 0. That's good so either state of not running and running more than
one instance should generate a restart.

In /etc/monit.d/processname I have:

check program processname with path "/usr/local/sbin/processname"
if status != 0 then
start program = "/usr/sbin/service processname start"
stop program = "/usr/sbin/service processname stop"
restart

When I test using "monit -t" I get:

/etc/monit.d/processname:3: syntax error '/usr/sbin/service'

This is the first time I've tried to do any custom setup in monit so I'm
betting I'm just not getting the right syntax is just the right spot.