Re: how does monit every cycle statement works?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: how does monit every cycle statement works?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 18:39:42 +0200

These statements are equal (see monit manual for more details: https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#FAULT-TOLERANCE):

#short format:
if status !=0 for 2 cycles then alert

# long format:
if status !=0 for 2 times within 2 cycles then alert

The long format ("X within Y cycles") is useful if X != Y, which you can achieve using short format, for example:

if status !=0 for 3 times within 5 cycles then alert

If X == Y, you can use short or long format - they work the same.

Best regards,
Martin