Re: Connection testing via Basic Authorization not working (was: Not usi

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Connection testing via Basic Authorization not working (was: Not using method "HEAD" for connection testing)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 13:51:04 +0200

Hello Marcus,

the configuration is correct, no space is required in the Authorization header
past the ":" character.

I think the problem can be either the "Host:" header value (i.e. trying to
authenticate to different virtual host ... the Host header value is omitted
from your tcpdump snip) or the target HTTP server rejects the request when the
HEAD method was used (the example configuration from your email with monit
5.17.1 should use HEAD method).

Best regards,
Martin