Re: FileContentBuffer

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: FileContentBuffer
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:02:51 +0100

I have on occasion added newer versions than are in my apt sources by just renaming and copying over the latest compatible monit binary and updating my config file - it's sufficient for a minor version change for it to work ok. Of course it'll just get replaced by a subsequent update unless you hold back the package but by that stage you might get the more recent binary needed from your apt/yum sources anyway or just replace it again when you next update. Just set a reminder etc. Yes its not a clean solution of going beyond the distros maintained packages but you can check signatures and test on a non-production system etc if you're concerned. Might just be easier and quicker than a "McGuyver" grade script.