Re: monitrc file problem

From: Volkan Celebi
Subject: Re: monitrc file problem
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 20:35:34 +0200

Dear Martin,

firstly I am really sorry my poor English. I will try to explain my problem more clearly.

I was using Monit on my old server and I was checking the IP: 192.168.1.46:4271. I reformatted my Servers and I have been changed the IP. I have benn installed Monit and the I have been copied the ld monitrc to newly installed server and monit. This time I should check the IP adress 192.168.1.55 instead of 192.168..146. therefore I have been changed the IP's according to the new IP.

Here is the new monit lines:
set alert address@hidden                       # receive all alerts
check host 192.168.1.55 with address 192.168.1.55
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4250/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4253/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4254/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4255/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4258/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4260/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
if failed url http://192.168.1.55:4271/channels_list.html
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert

I have been started the monit again but the system still looking for 192.168.1.46. The ports and the other settings are ok (now I tried again just right now and new IP's are valid now.) I am confused but problem solved :)

Have a nice Sunday nights and greetings from Switzerland

Volkan Çelebi

please can you provide more details about the problem? There is just configuration snip, but no description of what the problem is (error message, etc.)

Best regards,
Martin

I changed my server ip and installed newly monit and I copied my old monitrc. After that I realized that I didn't change the ips according to the new server ip. I killed pin and changed the ips

set alert address@hidden                       # receive all alerts
check host 192.168.1.55 with address 192.168.1.55
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert

here above new config. (old one 192.168.1.46) but I am still saying that ips are *.46. What is the problem

--
Volkan Çelebi
IT System Spezialist