Re: iptables? bastille?

From: Tino Hendricks
Subject: Re: iptables? bastille?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 10:25:40 +0200

Mate,

I don’t think you can check it that way because iptables (I don’t know
bastille) isn’t a running program but a kind of toolbox to manage the kernel’s
internal firewall.
The question is: What do you want to check here?
If it is the state or the current rules the only thing that comes to my mind is
a custom script (containing something like „iptables-save | grep
'^what-you-want-to-check$‘“) .
The exit code is then checked by monit:
https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#PROGRAM-STATUS-TESTING

Take care,