Re: Conditional services

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Conditional services
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:54:53 +0100

Hi,

you can use "mode manual" for services, which will be started only on request
(can be automated):

--8<--
#
# active/passive services cluster
#
check device hafs with path /dev/sdb1
    start program  = "/etc/ha.d/resource.d/ha-fs start"
    stop program  = "/etc/ha.d/resource.d/ha-fs stop"
    if space usage > 80% then alert
    mode  manual
    group ha

check process postgresql with pidfile /var/run/postgresql.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/postgresql start"
    stop program  = "/etc/init.d/postgresql stop"
    depends hafs
    mode  manual
    group ha
--8<--

you can then enable the monitoring using "monit -g ha monitor all"  and disable
it using "monit -g ha unmonitor all"