Monit Widget

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Monit Widget
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 18:21:53 +0100

Hi all

We have been working on a swift little side-project which is a Monit
Notification Center Widget on OS X. It was released yesterday and you can read
more about it here, https://mmonit.com/monit/#widget

This is only for OS X, but if you do own a Mac, this is a useful little widget.
[1]

So why did we create this widget? Well, we wanted something like this that was
unobtrusive and also looked good on our Mac. We also wanted to test out the new
Open Source Swift programming language from Apple (not overwhelmed, but it has
definitely potential and I’m excited to see how it will fare on Linux). Finally
it is also a way for you to support us and get something cool in return, which
is much better than asking for donation.

I have a few promo codes which can be used to download the Widget for free.
I’ll be happy to give these away to the first 15 good folks on this list who

1. Before you ask for process- and sensors data (temp, fan-speed etc) in the
widget, this is unfortunately not possible because all apps on the App Store
has to be sandboxed and cannot access this kind of data. It is super anoying
but there are ways around it which we might explore later.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland