PID created but not responding

From: Josu Lazkano
Subject: PID created but not responding
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:41:24 +0100

Hello,

I have a service running in a Linux machine that sometimes use to stop wotking.

The PID is there but it doesn't response to telnet:

# ps -e | grep service.x86
 1782 ?        00:00:22 service.x86_64

# telnet localhost 8888
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...

In normal state it must response to telnet:

# telnet localhost 8888
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

I am using this script:

# cat /etc/monit/conf.d/service.conf
check process service.x86_64 with pidfile /var/run/service.pid
  start program = "/etc/init.d/service start"
  stop program  = "/etc/init.d/service stop"

How could I add a telnet check in the configuration file?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano