Re: Config working on CentOS 5 stopped working on CentOS 6

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Config working on CentOS 5 stopped working on CentOS 6
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 20:16:23 +0100

Hi,

please can you provide more details about the problem? (error messages and/or
monit log).

Note that monit 5.9 includes fix for program execution for CentOS6/RHEL6, we
recommend upgrade to latest monit version (5.15), you can get it here:
https://mmonit.com/monit/#download. You can build rpm directly from the source
code release: rpmbuild -tb monit-5.15.tar.gz. I think RHEL uses custom
configuration file, official monit looks for /etc/monitrc, so you may need to
rename the configuration file or create a link after upgrade.