Re: Best practice to monitor google-chrome

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Best practice to monitor google-chrome
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:24:32 +0100

The "check program" is kind of test plugin - it runs the specified program, which is expected to perform a check and exit. Monit then evaluates the exit value (status). The "check program" is not suitable for executing the program such as /usr/bin/google-chrome which will keep running - for such programs the "check process" can be used (but the program must daemonize/detach itself and as mentioned if you use the pattern based check the pattern must be unique).

Regarding the "mode passive" ... works for me, please can you send a sample configuration file, which returns the syntax error?