Re: Correct method to monitor service?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Correct method to monitor service?
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:39:43 +0100

You need to add it to the monit configuration file ... it is part of default
configuration file, snip:

--8<--
## Monit has an embedded HTTP interface which can be used to view status of
## services monitored and manage services from a web interface. The HTTP
## interface is also required if you want to issue Monit commands from the
## command line, such as 'monit status' or 'monit restart service' The reason
## for this is that the Monit client uses the HTTP interface to send these
## commands to a running Monit daemon. See the Monit Wiki if you want to
## enable SSL for the HTTP interface.
#
set httpd port 2812 and
    use address localhost  # only accept connection from localhost
    allow localhost        # allow localhost to connect to the server and
    allow admin:monit      # require user 'admin' with password 'monit'
--8<--

See monit manual for details.