Re: how to send an alert only on unmonitor

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: how to send an alert only on unmonitor
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:10:52 +0200

It depends on what type of unmonitor you mean:

1.) the service can be unmonitored manually (by administrator) via monit CLI or
GUI … this type of unmonitor sends an “action” event type (the same event type
is shared however by any other manual action:
start/stop/restart/monitor/unmonitor)

        set alert address@hidden only on {action}

2.) or the service can be unmonitored via a restart timeout statement … this
sends a “timeout” event type, which can be easily filtered:

        set alert address@hidden only on {timeout}

        check process …
                if 2 restarts within 3 cycles then unmonitor

you can combine the filter for both event types:

        set alert address@hidden only on {action, timeout}

Currently not - the “unmonitor” event type is “action”