Re: M/Monit with HTTP basic auth

From: Philippe Wooding
Subject: Re: M/Monit with HTTP basic auth
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:36:39 +0200

Thanks for your response.
If indeed, it is by design and things are unlikely to change, then the M/Monit documentation (https://mmonit.com/documentation/mmonit_manual.pdf) should probably be updated to state that the web site can’t use anything else than form based authentication.
It would have avoided my spending time trying to understand why it wasn’t working :-)
Do you know why only the status page breaks when using basic auth?
What information does the session hold?

Cheers