Graph historical program status data

From: Dylan Wood
Subject: Graph historical program status data
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:48:26 -0700

Hi,

We are excited to use M/Monit to monitor our infrastructure. When using the free trial, I noticed that there does not seem to be a way to visualize arbitrary data. For instance, there is an application state value that we would like to poll regularly. If the value exceeds a threshold, we want to send an alert. There are two ways to accomplish this:

use check program to run a script which exits with the value that we are interested in.
use check file to read the value of a file which is written to by an independent cron process (or a check program??)

In either case, sending the alerts seems to work fine, however, I cannot see any way of graphing the results of these checks over time.

For more information, see the stack overflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31496823/graph-historical-program-status-data-in-m-monit

Thank you!

Respectfully,
Dylan Wood