Re: Monitoring processes with the same name but different PID files

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monitoring processes with the same name but different PID files
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:55:28 +0200

“service” name is not the same as “process” name … service name in Monit is unique description of the monitored service - not related to the monitored object. If you have multiple processes with the same process name, you can monitor them, just choose unique service name for each process:

check process myprocess_XYZ with pidfile /var/run/myprocess1.pid

check process myprocess_ABC with pidfile /var/run/myprocess2.pid