Re:

From: Martin van Diemen
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:18:50 +0100

Thanks Martin,

$ monit -V
This is Monit version 5.6

Do you know a repository with a recent version? Thanks.

Groeten,

Martin

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

please check your Monit version (monit -V), the network monitoring was added in Monit 5.11.

On 18 Mar 2015, at 10:37, Martin van Diemen <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I want to monitor my network interfaces with monit.

I've created the following basic config file:
check network eth0 with interface eth0
       if changed link then alert

When reloading monit it would not load this config file:
/etc/monit/conf.d/network:1: Error: syntax error 'eth0'

I've different machines (all Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) different interfaces (eth0, eth1, lo) without any luck.

According to the manual it should be that simple:

Any thoughts? Many Thanks!