Local Alerts?

From: Bujak,Christopher
Subject: Local Alerts?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:56:24 +0000

Forgive me if this has been covered before, I could not find it in the archives.

I’m testing an install of monit (linux x64 v5.12.1) and i’m running into an
issue with alerting.

I would like to set a local alert for a specific service. I follow the
instructions at http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#ALERT-MESSAGES
for the local alert.
When I test the config with monit -t I get a syntax error.

below is the check process line I have that is causing the error:
check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid
#       start "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
#       stop  "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
        if failed host <hostname> port 8080
          protocol apache-status  replylimit > 75%
          then alert address@hidden with reminder on 10 cycles

The error is:
/etc/monit.d/apache.mon:8: syntax error 'address@hidden

I’d like to tailor my alerts so that certain people get alerts for certain
services.
Commenting everything out after the alert command will work, but send to the
global alert address

Additionally is there a method to have some sort of hierarchy for the alerts?
So User1 gets alerted on initial failure, and every 10 minutes. User2 gets
alert after 15 minutes of down state, User3 gets alert after 30 minutes.
I was thinking that you could put and if in the then portion of the check
something like
check…
if failed
then