Processes dependencies

From: Guido Accardo
Subject: Processes dependencies
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:44:24 -0300

HI all,

  I'm reading about service dependencies but I couldn't find any regarding monit  waiting for a give process to start before starts another one. I have a Python based service that depends on redis-server to work, so here is the configuration:

check process redis-server with pidfile /var/run/redis/redis-server.pid
  start program "/etc/init.d/redis-server start" with timeout 60 seconds
  stop program "/etc/init.d/redis-server stop"

check process insert with pidfile /tmp/service.pid
  start program "/root/init.sh start"
  stop program "/root/init.sh stop"
  depends on redis-server

When I start the insert process, monit starts it and also starts redis-server as expected but both at the same time. Given that my redis-server has to load a huge dataset, it takes about 40 seconds to initiate so insert start complaining about can't connecting to redis.

Is there a way that I can tell monit to make sure redis-server is in running state before execute the start of insert?

Can you tell me I there is another documentation but this http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#SERVICE-DEPENDENCIES regarding this topic?

Thank you in advance.

--
---